That was a lot of descriptive words, wasn’t it? This dish takes about 5-10 minutes to make and it really doesn’t take much to make it. I’ve used the same style of cooking when making salmon as well.
We usually eat this with plain old white rice. It’s very lemon-y with a nice kick of spicy. Try it, tweak it, and enjoy.
1 pound of uncooked shrimp
1 whole lemon
4 tablespoons of butter
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
1/2 tablespoon of cumin
1/2 tablespoon of kosher salt
1/2 tablespoon of coarse ground black pepper
1/2 tablespoon of mild chili powder
HOW TO MAKE
1. Start by mixing all your seasonings (cayenne pepper, cumin, kosher salt, black pepper, and chili powder)
2. Put your shrimp in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle your seasoning, making sure you coat all of the shrimp. Add more if you need to.
3. In a 10 or 12-inch non stick pan, heat your 4 tablespoons of butter in medium heat
4. Once melted and hot, toss in your minced garlic and stir.
5. Slice your lemon in half and squeeze half of it in the pan.
6. Toss in your seasoned shrimp and let each side cook for about 2-3 minutes.
7. Stir the shrimp and squeeze the other half of your lemon in the pan.
8. Slice up some more lemon and let it sit in the pan for a couple of minutes if you want more lemon taste (can you tell WE love it?)