I usually made scrambled eggs for breakfast, but ever since I attempted this, this is all we eat for breakfast. Like many of the recipes I have, you can always add whatever you want, especially since it’s a freaking frittata!
1 cup of sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup of chopped onions
2 cups of chopped kale (do what I do and I skip the measuring cup and use however much my hand can grab)
1/2 cup of fat free half & half or heavy cream
olive oil, mozzarella cheese, salt, and pepper
HOW TO MAKE
1. Pre-heat your oven to 410 degrees
2. In a 10-inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat
3. Once hot, toss in your mushrooms and onions and cook until almost tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Slowly add your kale. It will shrink when cooked.
5. While your vegetables are cooking, break open your eggs in a bowl.
6. Add your 1/2 cup of fat free half & half or heavy cream and stir (fluffy eggs!)
7. Once your vegetables are cooked, pour your eggs in the pan. Don’t stir it around, but move your pan around slightly to make sure you cover the whole pan.
8. After about 3-4 minutes or once you see the eggs on the sides of the pan settle, remove from the stove.
9. Place the entire pan in the oven and let it cook for 10 minutes
10. Remove the pan, sprinkle some mozzarella cheese (or whatever cheese you want), and put it back in the oven for another 3-4 minutes
11. Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes
We usually eat this with some hash browns and tons of ketchup. It’s a somewhat heavy breakfast but hey, it’s got vegetables, right?