Yelp Review 4/24/2013
Easily one of my favorite restaurants in Madison. Located in downtown on the rooftop of the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art, it has great views of the city and beautiful art scenery. This was our go-to for our one-year anniversary and it did not disappoint.
Service was beyond expectations. View from the corner of the restaurant against the windows was great. Food was FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!
1. Gnocchi — brown butter, pesto, and a tomato sauce (three separate dishes). Our favorite was the brown butter pesto….we like creamy and it definitely satisfied.
2. prince edward island mussels — (parmesan-bacon fondue, potato, grilled bread) OK, seriously? That parmesan-bacon fondue was a nice touch to the usual “fishy” taste mussels can have sometimes. Perfect combination and using the fondue as a bread dip is very tasty as well.
3. dry aged new york strip — (roasted garlic mashed potato, shaved brussel sprouts,
hook’s blue paradise cheese, bacon, herb compound butter) Bf had this plate; he enjoyed it and I got a chance to taste the side dish of the shaved brussel sprouts with bacon. It’s got BACON. I can eat a full meal with just that side dish.
4. cioppino pasta — (scallops, shrimp, mussels, mahi-mahi, salmon, clams, linguine, spiced tomato broth, parmesan cheese, grilled bread) Seafood galore! Tasted even better the next day at work.
5. buttermilk beignets — (milk chocolate center, vanilla crème anglaise) Perfect way to end the meal. Nice crisp to the beignets.
Salivating. The end!
227 State St
Madison, WI 53703